Saturday, July 15, 2017

A Great Reckoning (Chief Inspector Gamache #12) –by Louise Penny

Fiction / Mystery  

400 pages / 2643KB
5 Stars

Although it isn't necessary to read this series in order, I truly think if you begin the adventure with Still Life (#1) you will have a great base for the rest of the books. I know I was grateful I read Still Life first. I read the rest out of order, as I could find them, and appreciated the foundation from Still Life.

I don't think I'm giving anything away, when I state that Chief Inspector Gamache, Retired, has taken on a new job and continues his crusade against corruption in the Surete. We are still treated to life and times in Three Pines, but it is more in the background as supporting rather than major.

It has been delightful reading these books, and watching Ms. Penny grow as an author and a novelist. My biggest complaint is I can read them faster than she can write them and get them published! Her stories are marvelous with no gratuitous violence or sex. Her characters are well developed, and have wonderful depth, and I love watching them interact with each other. Oh, and Rosa, the duck with a quack impediment.


I truly wish she would publish a book of Ruth Zardo's poetry!

No comments:

Post a Comment